Saturday, October 25, 2003

I Do Love the Eighties!

Those bastards at VH1 have me glued to the set again! It's not that I have that much of a memory of or penchant for 80's pop culture (since I spent about half of it in college without much TV), but the commentators crack me up. It's obvious that they are "reminded of" each little nugget they share, and that they probably care as little as I do, but I dont' care. They're still funny.

Today, I heard the song "Abracadabra" by the Steve Miller Band described as "a little date-rapey" That is so outside!

So then, after the 80's show, they have another thing where they rehash nostalgic clips and make funny comments about them. Apparently, the "I Love The" series and the new True Spin aren't enough. Here's the rub, the new series mocks formulatic television, and is called SuperSecret TV Formulas. Do you think they see it? Will their own shows be featured on an upcoming episode? It's all so surreal.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home