Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Will the Movie Protect Us?

I don't understand the fascination the press has with people dying while somewhere near a print of the 'Passion' movie. This lady ran out in traffic on the way to the theatre. A priest died during a screening.

Just because their activity could be construed as pious, are they protected from harm? People die on the way to church, driving to youth retreats and tent revivals, and singing in gospel choirs. People also die while cheating on their spouse, gambling, and voting for Republicans. It's going to happen to all of us.

I hope I die while doing something I enjoy, but I'm sure the international press won't be reporting "Man falls off couch during Man Show reruns". (Just the good episodes with Jimmy and Adam, not that Fear Factor guy)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home