Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What? You're Happy?

Today at work, I had to kill a project.

A member of my staff and myself, along with a web developer, have been working on it for several months, and there have been many problems. No way we were going to make the deadline!

I was worried about telling the client that we had to stop, but when I walked in his office, I could tell that he had already decided the same thing. He was very nice, understanding, and happy. Basically, he just didn't seem to care that much. I suggested a new deadline of six months, but he suggested a year.

When I told my boss about it (the project was just listed as a 6 month goal in my review last week), he didn't seem to mind either.

I should probably be happy that the damage to my reputation was minimized, but I'm actually a little upset that they didn't care. Have we been busting our collective ass for nothing?

(I need to let these things go.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home